Black Pepper Miso Dipping Sauce
The Perfect Pair
Red miso and black pepper make the perfect pair as the backdrops of this dip’s flavor profile. Our recipe calls for potatoes to dip, but you can try dipping your other favorite foods too.
- 3.5 oz. (100 g) Aka Tamamiso
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. (20 g) ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. (30 cc) nikiri sake (sake heated to burn off alcohol)
- black pepper to taste
- 4 or 5 potatoes, cut in 11/2″ to 2″ sticks
- vegetable oil
- 10.6 oz. (300 g) Marukome Miso Red
- 4 Tbsp. (60 cc) mirin
- 1/3 c. (80 cc) nikiri sake (sake heated to burn off alcohol)
- 5 egg yolks
- 9.2 oz. (260 g) sugar
To make Aka Tamamiso, put all ingredients into a saucepan over low heat and beat well.
Add Aka Tamamiso, ketchup, nikiri sake and black pepper to a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a pan and deep fry potatoes until golden brown. Serve with sauce..
Marukome provides this recipe “as is,” developed for Institutional use, with industry standard measurements and ingredients. This recipe has not been tested or adapted for home use and therefore Marukome does not make any representation as to the results by individual users.