GRILLED CHICKEN WITH GREEN MISO SAUCE
Give Your Miso Some Color
- You’ll need little more than the dark green pigment from spinach to turn your miso green and add rich flavors to your baked chicken.
- 4 slices chicken thigh, bone-in
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. (50 cc) white wine
- 5 oz. (140 g) Shiro Tamamiso (see ingredients below)
- 5 oz.1/4 c. (60 cc) nikiri sake (sake heated to burn off alcohol)
- 5 oz.parsley, as garnish
- 1 bunch spinach, washed thoroughly and cut into large bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp. (35 g) salt
- 2 qt. (2,000 cc) water
- 2 cheese cloths (1-sq.-ft size)
- 17.64 oz. (500 g) Marukome Premium White Miso
- 3 Tbsp. (45 cc) mirin
- 3 Tbsp. (45 cc) nikiri sake (sake heated to burn off alcohol)
- 1.4 oz. (40 g) sugar
- 5 egg yolks
01 Before you begin: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. (200C) Sprinkle salt and pepper well on both sides of chicken and let sit 40 minutes in refrigerator.
02 To make Shiro Tamamiso, put all ingredients into a saucepan over low heat and beat well.
03 Place all ingredients for “Spinach Mixture” in a blender and blend until mixture is smooth.
04 Pour spinach mixture in a pot and heat. Meanwhile, lay both cheese cloths over a colander.
05 When spinach bits float on the surface, scoop out using a small strainer and place on cheese cloths.
06 Fold over the edges of the cloths to avoid losing any spinach bits and transfer to a bowl containing ice-cold water.
07 Remove the cloths from the bowl and squeeze to remove excess water. Unfold the cloths and keep spinach bits on the plate. Keep 0.7 oz. (20 g) of spinach bits and set aside.
08 Place chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and baste white wine over chicken. Return to oven for 30 seconds. Repeat this basting process 4 to 5 times.
09 Mix Shiro Tamamiso, prepared spinach bits, and nikiri sake in a small bowl. Spread over chicken. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and bake a few more minutes.
Marukome provides this recipe “as is,” developed for Institutional use, with industry standard measurements and ingredients. This recipe has not been tested or adapted for home use and therefore Marukome does not make any representation as to the results by individual users.
Our Miso Recommendations for Grilled Chicken with Green Miso Sauce