BAKED APPLES WITH MISO AND SEAFOOD STUFFING
Miso Bridges the Divide
- The unusual combination of sweet apples and savory seafood is bridged by a miso sauce that is both decadent and mild, brimming with umami goodness.
- 4 Fuji apples, top and core removed
- 1.4 oz. (40 g) maitake mushrooms
- 1.4 oz. (40 g) mushrooms
- 1.4 oz. (40 g) king oyster mushrooms
- 6 medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium-size scallops
01 Before you begin: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Make bechamel sauce by melting butter in a saucepan and adding flour. Mix well, using a wooden spoon. Then, add milk and continue stirring until smooth
Next, make the Shiro Tamamiso by placing all ingredients into a saucepan over low heat and beating well.
Mix all ingredients for Miso Sauce in a bowl.
Melt butter in a skillet and sauté all mushrooms, shrimp and scallops until cooked through.
Scoop out inside of apples to create a stuffing cavity, leaving 1/2 in. (5 mm) thick flesh inside the skin all around. Fill each apple with mushroom/seafood mixture and top with Miso Sauce. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
Marukome provides this recipe “as is,” developed for Institutional use, with industry standard measurements and ingredients. This recipe has not been tested or adapted for home use and therefore Marukome does not make any representation as to the results by individual users.
Our Miso Recommendations for Baked Apples with Miso and Seafood Stuffing