BEEF NEGI MAKI WITH MISO MUSTARD SAUCE
A Traditional Japanese Appetizer the Miso Way
- This traditional Japanese appetizer usually uses meat marinated in teriyaki sauce, but we’re bringing it to you the Marukome miso way—deliciously served with a decadent miso mustard sauce.
- 8 pcs thinly sliced beef (such as for Shabu Shabu)
- 1 pkg. chives, cut in 2″ lengths
- potato starch
- ginger, thinly sliced
- vegetable oil
Miso Mustard Sauce
- 3.6 oz. (100 g) Shiro Tamamiso
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. (20 cc) rice vinegar
- 0.036 oz. (1 g) Japanese mustard powder
Shiro Tamamiso (for Miso Mustard Sauce)
- 17.64 oz. (500 g) Marukome Premium White Miso
- 3 Tbsp. (45 cc) mirin
- 3 Tbsp. (45 cc) nikiri sake (sake heated to burn off alcohol)
- 1.4 oz. (40 g) sugar
- 5 egg yolks
01 Put Shiro Tamamiso ingredients into a saucepan over low heat and beat well.
02 Mix all ingredients for Miso Mustard Sauce in a bowl.
03 Place a beef slice on a cutting board. Brush potato starch over one side using a pastry brush. Place chives on one edge of beef slice and roll up. Repeat this process for all beef slices.
04 Heat a pan with a little oil. Cook beef rolls until nicely browned.
05 Remove rolls from pan and cut into bite-size pieces.
06 Top pieces with Miso Mustard Sauce and sliced ginger.
Marukome provides this recipe “as is,” developed for Institutional use, with industry standard measurements and ingredients. This recipe has not been tested or adapted for home use and therefore Marukome does not make any representation as to the results by individual users.
Our Miso Recommendations for Beef Negi Maki with Miso Mustard Sauce