Chicken & Vegetable Miso Soup
Hearty and Healthy
Next time you’re craving a hearty chicken noodle soup, try this delicious (and healthier) version, using fresh vegetables and miso in place of noodles.
- 5 Tbsp. Marukome Miso
- 4 c. Dashi stock (use a “Dashi” powder, or your choice of bouillon to make a fast & easy Dashi)
- 7 oz. chicken, preferably thigh, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 oz. Daikon radish, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1/2 pc(7 oz.)tofu, drained and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
Heat sesame oil in medium pot, and cook chicken and onion for 2-3 minutes. Add all other vegetables, except green onions.
Add Dashi stock and 2Tbsp. Marukome Miso into the chicken/vegetable mixture. Cook until vegetables become tender. Tip: To dissolve Miso easily, place it into a small bowl and add a slight amount of liquid from the cooking pot. Then mix it all back into the cooking pot.
Add remaining Miso paste and tofu into chicken/vegetable mixture. Serve hot with green onions as garnish.