FOIL BAKED SALMON WITH MISO
Foil-Baked for Full Miso Flavors
- Baking your salmon in the miso and veggie-lined foil infuses the ingredients into the fish and allows the salmon to simmer and steam in the miso sauce for a full, well-rounded umami taste.
- 4-lb salmon filet, divided into 4 pieces
- 3 oz. cabbage, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 oz. assorted mushrooms (such as Crimini Shiitake, etc)
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 6 Tbsp. Marukome Miso Paste
- 4 Tbsp. White wine
- 4 Tbsp. Sugar
01 Before you begin: Preheat oven to 350F.
Optional: Lightly sprinkle salt over salmon and cover with plastic wrap. Keep in refrigerator for 20 minutes. Remove wrap and wipe all excess liquid from salmon with paper towel. This process helps eliminate the fishy smell.
Mix all ingredients for sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
Cut two pieces of foil, sized to just cover the salmon and the vegetables.
Layer cabbage, mushrooms and onion over each piece of foil. Place salmon and drizzle sauce evenly. Add 1/2 Tbsp. butter on top of each piece of salmon. Wrap foil edge tightly to make airtight packages. Place on the oven pan and bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Our Miso Recommendations for Foil Baked Salmon with Miso Sauce