MISO MARINATED BEEF TONGUE
Mixed Miso Marinade
- In this recipe, you’ll be combining three different types of miso for a deliciously complex marinade that highlights the already-rich flavor depth in beef tongue.
- 2.2 lb. (1 kg) beef tongue
- 7 oz. (200 g) scallions, green part only
- 3.5 oz. (100 g) ginger
- 3 3/4 c. (900 cc) sake
- 5.6 oz. (160 g) Marukome Premium White Miso
- 5.6 oz. (160 g) Marukome Boy Koshi Miso
- 2.8 oz. (80 g) Marukome Red Miso
- 5.6 oz. (160 g) sugar
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. (20 cc) soy sauce
- scallions (white part only) and bell peppers for garnish
01 Clean beef tongue. Place tongue in a pot and add scallions, ginger and sake. Pour in just enough water to cover the tongue. Simmer about 6 hours until tongue is tender (Simmer for 2 hours in a pressure cooke
Remove tongue from pot and save 3 1/3 c. (800 cc) of stock. After tongue cools, cut into 2-inch slice
Mix saved stock, all Miso, sugar and soy sauce in another pot. Add sliced tongue and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
Presentation: Garnish with thinly sliced scallion (white part only) and blanched, sliced peppers.
Marukome provides this recipe “as is,” developed for Institutional use, with industry standard measurements and ingredients. This recipe has not been tested or adapted for home use and therefore Marukome does not make any representation as to the results by individual users.
Our Miso Recommendations for Miso Marinated Beef Tongue