Miso Marinated Beef Tongue
Mixed Miso Marinade
In this recipe, you’ll be combining three different types of miso for a deliciously complex marinade that highlights the already-rich flavor depth in beef tongue.
- 2.2 lb. (1 kg) beef tongue
- 7 oz. (200 g) scallions, green part only
- 3.5 oz. (100 g) ginger
- 3 3/4 c. (900 cc) sake
- 5.6 oz. (160 g) Marukome Premium White Miso
- 5.6 oz. (160 g) Marukome Boy Koshi Miso
- 2.8 oz. (80 g) Marukome Red Miso
- 5.6 oz. (160 g) sugar
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. (20 cc) soy sauce
- scallions (white part only) and bell peppers for garnish
Clean beef tongue. Place tongue in a pot and add scallions, ginger and sake. Pour in just enough water to cover the tongue. Simmer about 6 hours until tongue is tender (Simmer for 2 hours in a pressure cooker).
Remove tongue from pot and save 3 1/3 c. (800 cc) of stock. After tongue cools, cut into 2-inch slices.
Mix saved stock, all Miso, sugar and soy sauce in another pot. Add sliced tongue and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
Presentation: Garnish with thinly sliced scallion (white part only) and blanched, sliced peppers.
Marukome provides this recipe “as is,” developed for Institutional use, with industry standard measurements and ingredients. This recipe has not been tested or adapted for home use and therefore Marukome does not make any representation as to the results by individual users.