MISO SOUP WITH SEAFOOD & VEGETABLES
An Even Healthier Miso Soup
- If you’re ready to make your miso soup meal even healthier, try this delicious soup packed with nutrient-rich veggies and flavorful seafood.
- 5.3 oz. (150 g) daikon radish, peeled and cut in
- 1/2″ slices and 2″ lengths
- 4 1/4 c. (1,000 cc) water
- 0.7 oz. (20 g) bonito flakes
- 2.3 oz. (65 g) Nama Koji Miso
- 1.8 oz. (50 g) carrots, peeled and cut in 1/2″ slices and 2″ lengths
- 0.4 oz. (10 g) aburaage (fried tofu)
- 2 pcs. shiitake mushrooms, sliced and blanched
- 6 satoimo yam, peeled
- 7 oz. (200g) salmon fillets
- 4 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Seri (water dropwort), cut in 1″ pieces for garnish
01 Put 4 1/4 cups of water and radish slices into a pot and cook until tender. Remove radish and set aside.
02 Add bonito flakes to the pot of water and cook for 10 seconds. Spread a wet paper towel over a colander (first wring out excess water from towel) and strain the liquid. Pour the liquid into a large pot, add the Nama Koji Miso, and stir to dissolve. Set aside.
03 Cover carrots with water in another pot and cook until tender. Drain carrots in a colander and discard the water.
04 In another pot, heat water (or reserved rice rinsed water, if possible) and cook the satoimo yam until soft. Slice 4 of the pieces and set aside. Make the other 2 pieces of yam into a paste by using a strainer. Add the yam paste into the miso soup mixture.
05 To remove the excess oil from the aburaage, place it into a strainer and pour boiling water over the fried tofu. Cut the aburaage into 1/2″ slices and 2″ lengths.
06 Sprinkle salt over the salmon fillets and cook only one side in a non-stick skillet. Then place the salmon and shrimp into a steamer and cook for 1 minute.
07 Transfer all prepared vegetables, aburaage, salmon and shrimp into the Miso soup mixture and heat until it starts to boil.
08 Pour equal amounts of soup into 4 bowls. Garnish with seri. Marukome provides this recipe “as is,” developed for Institutional use, with industry standard measurements and ingredients. This recipe has not been tested or adapted for home use and therefore Marukome does not make any representation as to the results by individual users.
Our Miso Recommendations for Miso Soup with Seafood & Vegetables