SPICY STEAMED MUSSELS
- 1 lb. live mussels
- 2 tsp. cooking oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tomato, diced
- handful fresh leafy vegetable
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. Miso & Easy
- 1 tsp. hot chili sauce (like Sriracha)
- 2 wedges lime
- Note: If you only want a slightly spicy broth, omit the hot chili sauce. Our Miso & Easy: Mild Chili flavor is perfectly balanced.
01 Scrub the mussels and discard any with broken shells.
Heat a wok or saute pan over medium-high heat and swirl in the cooking oil. Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes. Add in the ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in the broth, miso and hot chili sauce and turn the heat to high.
When simmering, add the tomatoes, vegetables and the mussels. Cover and let steam for 3 minutes or until the mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that have not opened. Serve with lime wedges.
Our Miso Recommendations for Spicy Steamed Mussels