Stuffed Miso Eggplant
- 10 min Prep / 30 min Cook
- 4 Servings
- 4 salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Miso & Easy (or 2 tbsp. miso paste)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. sake (or dry white wine)
- 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 orange
- 1 bulb fennel (with fronds) – If you do not have fennel, substitute with thinly sliced onion and fresh herb of your choice (parsley, basil, thyme, oregano, etc.)
Marinate the salmon with the salt, pepper, sake, Miso & Easy, honey and ginger at least 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator. It is easiest do this in a resealable bag.
When ready to cook, Preheat oven to 375ºF. Thinly slice the orange (you can keep the peel on) and thinly slice the fennel bulb. Layer the orange slices and fennel slices on a baking sheet. Place the marinated salmon on top (discard the leftover marinade.) Cover the salmon with several sprigs of the fennel fronds. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until desired level of doneness.Note: If you prefer to pan fry the salmon, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, drizzle 1 tablespoon cooking oil into pan and swirl to coat. Add the salmon fillet to the pan, leaving space between each fillet. Cook 2 minutes, then flip the salmon and cook an additional 2 minutes. Turn heat to medium-low, cover loosely with tin foil and cook an additional 1-3 minutes, depending on thickness of fillet.