WHITE MISO POTAGE
A Smooth and Creamy Miso
- This miso soup is so creamy and rich that it’s almost decadent. Fried rice cakes bring a delightful crunch to every smooth miso bite.
- 2.8 oz. (80 g) Marukome Premium White Miso
- 3 c. (720 cc) Dashi (bonito broth)
- 3/4 c. (180 cc) Béchamel sauce
- 2 rice cakes, cut into bite-size pieces
- Yuzu (Japanese citrus), julienned finely Vegetable oil
01 Before you begin: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
02 Mix Dashi and Béchamel sauce in a pot and heat until warm. Add Miso and stir. Caution: once Miso is added, never let mixture boil.
03 For garnish, deep-fry rice cake pieces in vegetable oil. Once they are golden brown, remove and lay on paper towels.
04 Pour soup into bowls and garnish with fried rice cakes and yuzu.
Marukome provides this recipe “as is,” developed for Institutional use, with industry standard measurements and ingredients. This recipe has not been tested or adapted for home use and therefore Marukome does not make any representation as to the results by individual users.
Our Miso Recommendations for White Miso Potage